Otis Redding. Toad Suck, Arkansas. Gilda Radner.

Hey, y'all. Welcome to The Yolo County Hermit. I'm James, your hermit.  To begin your daily dose of random nonsense I have a photo, below, of an ABBA tribute band called Dancing Queen. They mostly play county fairs and state fairs in the Midwest, with the bulk of their shows being in driving distance of their homes in Toad Suck, Arkansas, a quirky river town near Conway that annually hosts the popular Toad Suck Daze festival with Dancing Queen as the headliners.


The men are twins Terry and Gary Johnston, the women are Delma and Thelma Delacroix. Delma and Thelma are not twins, but identical cousins, like in The Patty Duke Show, only neither one is sophisticated. They're both Toad Suck residents. I elected to use the photo, but not the music. I'm not that cruel. As you can see they are flashy dressers like many other famous entertainers.



"Fame changes a lot of things, but it can't change a lightbulb."

Gilda Radner



Otis Redding - That's How Strong My Love Is






A somewhat troubling comment on consumerism.




Until next time (tomorrow),





Comments