Dōgen. Trailers. Psychedelic Texans.
![]() |
Hello. Glad that you're here at the Yolo County Hermit, where random 'things' are archived. I'm starting off a photo of a 1956 Willys pickup. I am the same age as the truck, although the truck does seem to be in better shape than me. I love old trucks.
“A fool sees himself as another, but a wise man sees others as himself.”
Dōgen (Dōgen was the monk who brought Zen to Japan.)
A new neighbor has moved in the abandoned trailer down the lane. How jolly! I wonder if he has the full baseball package on the sports network?
![]() |
If you go down the lane in the other direction there's an active trailer park. Lovely people. I enjoy joining them for the full moon bonfire drumming and bloodletting ritual. Good times.
Links:
Dog brought to emergency clinic after eating 2.4 pounds of gummy worms
The Dōgen Institute, Disseminating the Teachings of Eihei Dōgen Zenji
Barry and Velma Pruitt of Irving, Texas, who claim that eating psychedelic mushrooms saved their marriage, but got them kicked out of the Union Acres Trailer Park. Aww. That's both happy and sad.







Comments
Post a Comment